Sunday, September 11, 2011

Whatever the fates have in store for us.

Hello,

I'm a father, a veteran, a husband, a worker, an American, and a dreamer.  Things were going quite well for our family about 2007.  I had a good job, and we bought our first house.

Our house was $233k when we bought it, a fixer-upper in a Hispanic neighborhood, but it was perfect for us. 

Today it's worth about $145K, not considering the massive dry rot, mold damage, and tens of thousands of dollars in other major cosmetic issues.  Thats a $22K/year loss. 

During that time pressures in the job market drove me from a $72K/year job to $45K/year, a $27K/year loss. 

During this time our household share of the National Debt has went from $190K to $260K, a $17.5K/year loss.

I'm not going to go into why I believe the banks to be significantly responsible for our nation's, and my, economic collapse.  In hindsight it's easy to see the Usury and Political Corruption at the heart of our economic system, but I was an American Dreamer.  I'm not asleep anymore.  I've been rudely awaken to a Brave New World Reality, and I know nothing.  I have many suspicious.  These suspicions don't enlighten the sure path, they obfuscate the very idea of security.  I was tossed out of Plato's Cave and observed an apocalyptic world full of Zombies and Chaos.  But what is to be done?

"Be the change you want to see." ~Mahatma Gandhi

After the 2008 TARP fiasco I felt morally obliged to exercise civil disobedience against the banks, but what can a family man do?  Frustrated with Macro-Economic issues I viewed my own economic niche with a new cynicism.  Our national blight has been caused by those who fail to speak truth to power, and I would no longer be responsible for selling out my truth.  I placed my job on the line for what I thought was right, and found myself unemployed.  The decision to strategically default on the house became compulsory when I was left Jobless and without any income besides Food Stamps.  The knowledge that my 401K would also hemorrhage money and fail well before my retirement and a desire exercise an act of rebellion against Bank of America, gave me purpose, but not solutions. 

There was no telling how long we could keep our home, but we could still survive on my income if we didn't have to pay a mortgage (or student loan, or credit cards).  I no longer have any faith or good will towards a banking system of debt enslavement that has taken over our nation.  I felt no moral obligation to repay printed money with my labor.  My moral obligation is to fight back against the enslavement of my people, my family, my nation, the entirety of life as we know it. 

 "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Already they have raised up a monied aristocracy that has set the government at defiance. The issuing power (of money) should be taken away from the banks and restored to the people to whom it properly belongs." — Thomas Jefferson

I don't regret the path I've taken, and I don't begrudge the toll I've paid.  I will follow the Hero's Journey wherever it leads.  The best I can do is what I think is right at the time.  Regret is only for those who think they can change the past.  My experience grows with each new adventure.  Losing often teaches better then winning.  I've lost a couple of skirmishes but the real Great Struggle hasn't even started yet.  I've sacrificed my family's security with a gesture that would appear to be totally inconsequential to the Great Struggle, but it's what I had to give and I gave it freely without expectation.  I will bear it.  Whatever the fates have in store for us.

"The future is up for grabs. It belongs to any and all who will take the risk and accept the responsibility of consciously creating the future they want." — Robert Anton Wilson


1 comment: